CNC machining, short for Computer Numerical Control machining, stands at the forefront of modern manufacturing, driving precision and efficiency. CNC machining is a manufacturing process that utilizes computerized systems to control machining tools. CNC machining parts can be said to be the basis of modern industry and have a very close relationship with the development of social economy.
Metal CNC machining is a manufacturing process in which metal is removed by a cutting or shaping tool to create a desired shape or finish. Machining produces many different parts and products, ranging from screwdrivers to car engines. It’s a very important part of the manufacturing industry.
Communication Important with CNC Machining
Communication is the best way to ensure that your project is completed on time and within budget.
Communication between you and your metal fabricator is crucial for a successful metal fabrication project. The more information you can provide to the metal fabricator about your project, the more accurate the quote is.
Here are some important things to communicate
- Quantities: How many parts do you need? If it is a small number of parts, this might not matter much. However, if there are a large number of parts needed, then it could affect the process that is used to fabricate the part.
- Material: What type of material will be used? The material that you choose can affect the cost and how long it will take to complete the project. If material is difficult to work with, it may also affect how long it will take or if certain processes can even be used.
- Tolerances: How close do you need each part fabricated to be? The tighter tolerances required can affect both time and cost.
- Finish: What type of finish do you need on each part? While most projects will require some finish, they don’t all require a high-quality finish.
How Long Will It Take to Get Project Completed at CNC Machining
The time it takes to produce a part depends on the size and complexity of the order and the amount of machinery available to run your order. If there is a rush, we can prioritize your order to get it done faster.
There are a five steps in producing your parts
- Programming: We write the code that tells the machines how to cut the material and make your parts.
- Raw Material: The raw material is ordered from our suppliers, usually drop shipped directly to our factory.
- Machining: Once everything is prepared, the machines now take over and produce your parts.
- Quality Control: Once all of your parts are completed, they are reviewed for quality by our Quality Control department. Any parts that do not pass inspection are removed from the shipment. Your order will not ship until all of your parts pass inspection.
- Packaging/Freight: After inspection, we package your parts into containers and send them to you.
CNC machining is more commonly used for milling and machining. However, it can also be used for drilling. CNC China has made drilling holes in metal a lot easier.
CNC machining can be programmed to drill holes into metal by using a set of drills specifically designed for the machine. These drills are attached to the machine, and they drill the holes into the metal at high speeds. Some CNC machines can even drill through thick metal with ease.